Reasons for water pollution
· People throw rubbish into river/sea
· Oil leak from large vassals caused a tremendous impact on marine life.
· Dyeing factories discharge pollution industry used water containing toxic materials into rivers. Mainland China textile industry, for example, is one of the world’s most important industries, while at the same time ranked the 3rd in industry waste water emissions.
· Agricultural chemicals contain excessive chemical substances, and chemical fertilizer uses in China is about 1/3 of the world's total volume, and therefore causes serious pollution of soil, rivers and groundwater. According to the relevant parties, the land can not be cultivated after 7-year using of fertilizers.
· The livestock and poultry industry has led to the serious food and water waste, and their fecal contamination has also led to the release of greenhouse gases.
· Export-oriented enterprises concentrate in the Pearl River Delta, which known as the "world factory”. Great amount of pollutants, toxic substances from plants was discharged into rivers. In Guiyu - e-waste dismantling the town, the river has become dark the water in which has seriously affected the health of local people.
· With the increase in energy demand, some countries have developed nuclear energy, even though the health effect of nuclear energy is not seriously considered.
The consequences of water pollution
According to the World Health Organization survey, 80% of diseases are caused by polluted water. In 2006, 30% of freshwater in China could not be drank, even could not be used to irritate. In China, about 0.32billion people are drinking unsafe freshwater, and 1/3 of rivers and ¼ of near-land areas have been seriously polluted. 1 out of 4 Chinese people are drinking dirty water.
Household cleaning - another culprit of water pollution
Domestic sewage has become another source of water pollution. The manufacturers utilized color and smells to indicate the possible functions, resulting in various kinds of unneeded cleaning agents being purchased.
Especially the water containing foam and the phosphorus, once discharged into river, will cause the death of under water creatures due to lack of oxygen.
who make the clothes more so-called white phosphorus is actually embedded in
SO pollution results from cleaning. In terms of this, every one of us is actually a polluter and therefore has the responsibility to protect water.
How should we do?
• Adjust the blind consumer culture
• Less meat and more vegetables
• Support for organic pesticides
• Reduce the use of oaming agent, phosphorus effluent
• Try to use natural, environmentally friendly cleaning products
• Water conservation, such as recycling household waste water, shorter showers, etc.
• Supervision of polluters, such as the timely reporting pollution to the environmental protection department of enterprise
Documenting/文字記錄: Emma Wu, Lilian Hou